Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dear Wendy...


Wendell, my most favorite roommate-turned-Nebraskan-law-student! Remember how we used to live together, and we talked on a regular basis, and we knew what was going in each other's lives, and it was fun? Yeah...I miss that. So. Let's play a game. I'm gonna tell you everything that's been going on for the last 6 months. And then it's your turn, yes?
I love this game already =)
Okay. Engaged in November. Super awesome. Couldn't be happier.



The problem with getting engaged at the end of November, is that December is way too Holiday Crazy to even think of beginning to plan a wedding. So we skipped December (probably not a good idea), and decided we'd start the first of January. BUT. Of course our Disney Annual Passes were expiring so we took Saydee and roadtripped one last time to Disneyland that first week. Also probably not a good idea...but So Much Fun.

So, we get back. And we have one month to plan a wedding. What the H, right? Yeah, talk about stressful:

My dress had yet to be seen altered. I mean, it was going from sleeveless, strapless,backless, cleavage-bare-all, 4 sizes to big--to hopefully the most beautiful dress ever (we both know my standards and expectations about wedding dressings). Stress.

In an act of insanity, we fired our uncooperative photographer. That's right. Bridals weren't done, we weren't getting a refund ($900 loss, wowza) and trying to find an inexpensive photographer with such short notice was a headache migraine.

I don't know if you know this, but I have 3 sisters and 1 sister-in-law. And Matt has 3 sisters and 2 sister-in-laws. All of which I was dressing for the wedding. Horrible idea. Next time I try to find something that 9 (NINE!) women can all agree on, please have me committed.

My poor sister, who I love, somehow got roped into making my bouquet. I know, sounds easy enough. Throw some flowers together, Tie a bow around it. Voila.
Yeah...that would make sense in the world of the normal. But in the world of Kate, I dream of pearls. Lots of pearls. Like. 600 pearls. Emily agreed to do it...I just don't know if she agreed to staying up til 4 am for weeks, hand threading individual pearls. With wire. I can't really complain about the stress on this one...but just thinking about it, wears me out. I can only imagine what she was thinking.

Another insane moment in the brain of Kate? I made Matt make me walls. That's right. Walls. I had a vision. My reception (in Matt's explanations) was going to be like going to visit your great aunt in old South Virginia, who invites you into her parlor for tea. And in order to get this, I needed walls.
7 to be exact. Wallpapered, with white trim. And I wouldn't take no for an answer.

Also in my vision, I saw chandeliers. I found 3 on Amazon. They were actually the first thing we bought...so that part should have been crossed off my ever-growing list weeks and weeks before the special day, right? Ha ha ha. Only one problem. How do you hang chandeliers in a church gym?? Wrap your brain around that for a minute.

Oh, and did I mention the invites? We had some issues with finding pictures to use for the invites. Our photographer (the one we axed) somehow managed to not take one picture of us both looking at the camera, smiling. How do you send out invites where to can't see the couple's faces?! Okay, I might have been a little bridezilla on this, but that just wasn't acceptable. So I convince my boss to find an old barn we can stand in front of, and snap some shots of us smiling and being in love. Got a great picture. But. We didn't get them to the printer until 3 weeks before the wedding. 3 WEEKS. Cutting it close? (ps. I sent one to you...did it make it?)

We did find a photographer, eventually. (3 weeks before the wedding) Lindsey Shaun Photography. Live saver. She really saved the day, and worked with our budget, and had our bridals scheduled for the day after we talked to her. So wonderful.


Can you see how I might have been a little bit overwhelmed? It's my own fault, I know. I'm a little to ambitious for my own good. I realized this at about the 2 week mark. I was pretty sure nothing was going to get done, and i was going to hate everything, no one cared about my vision, and it was all going to fall apart.

Enter Matt.
Enter My Family(s)

Oh Wendy. Everything turned out just like I planned. It couldn't have been more perfect. I so, SO, wish you could have come. You would have been so impressed. The temple was incredible. Our sealing was so special. The most amazing moment in my life, hands down. It was super SUPER freezing and windy, so that made for interesting pictures, but it was still sunny, and lovely.




My dress was beautiful. And i wore the most fabulous, burgundy suede, 4 inch heels. Holla.
7509-244


My bouquet was to die for. Seriously. I mean, it weighed in at 5 lbs, and we both know I have scrawny arms, so I couldn't hold it for very long without breaking a sweat, but it was seriously so magnificent.

Everyone looked so perfect. My babies (the boys) all wore cute little vests and ties. Pretty much the most adorable thing you've ever seen. And all the girls looked gorg' in their homemade skirts, and pearl necklaces.


The reception was a dream. Not a thing out of place.



My fake great-aunt in Virginia would be proud.

Since then, things have been pretty calm.
(I'm not even going to mention our honeymoon to Hawaii. It was a disaster. Think, 6 days in paradise spent bedridden with the flu.)
Still adjusting to living with a man. Boys are weird.

But. I've never been happier. I love coming home to him, and I love doing his laundry, and love that I haven't had to cook one meal since we got married (Matt is an amazing chef, who knew). I love cuddling on our couch, watching our tv, in our apartment. I haven't quite gotten used to the name change, but I love being Kate Jaynes. It has a ring to it, yes?



Anyway. That's my life. Super boring, but super awesome. I hope you’re being fabulous, per usual. I miss you like crazy. Let's be friends again, k? Maybe I'll try that whole Twitter thing...

Love ya,

Kate...with a J.


3 comments:

  1. This is Ashley (Wendy's Sister) I loved reading this update of your life. That last bridal looks like it is straight from a bridal magazine...simply gorgeous! Congrats on your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley, so much! And congrats to you too! I heard you just had a new baby girl! That is so exciting! I hope you and your cute little family are doing fabulously!

      Delete
  2. OH. MY. GOODNESS. I wish I could have been there! It looked amazing and I love the pictures. And your taste. Congratulations a thousand times over. So happy for you two! Tell you dad hi for me!

    ReplyDelete