Thursday, July 28, 2011

Movin On (part deux)



You know, the first post I ever wrote was written on the first night I slept in my new apartment in downtown Salt Lake City. 2 and a half years ago. I can’t really think about it, cuz it kinda seems like yesterday. And it doesn’t really make sense to be packing up the apartment I just moved into yesterday.


My Wendell is being all ambitious and moving to Nebraska for law school (Go Creighton!), and now I’m un-shelving my books and boxing pots and pans.


Bittersweet, really. On the bright side, I'm moving to Riverdale, back to my old basement apartment (yup, the one I’ve moved in and out of. Twice.) I'll be close to my family, close to my babies, close to the school I’m sure I’ll eventually graduate from.


Downside? I currently live in the heart of an amazing city. Interesting places, interesting people, and all my favorite restaurants within 7 minutes of my apartment. I live with the most fabulous roommate, and her almost mostly fabulous puppy. I have one really nice neighbor, and hundreds of others that don’t talk to me, which I really appreciate. And my building is called Chateau Le Man. Um, hello. That makes it awesome.


I’m gonna miss it. Muchos. Times two.


Oh well. Got to keep moving. Hopefully this is me making good decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment